Thursday, February 24, 2011

5 Days to Stitch-Along!

I feel like I've been waiting forever for the Stitch-Along to start. Just 5 more days - it's an early birthday present to myself!

I've been reading the instructions - the pattern calls for backstitching. Realizing now that I stink at the backstitch! All my embroideries have been "stem-stitched", but the details of this pattern are too small. Tried my hand for the first time at a backstitch on my Birdie Stitches block -hmmm... needs work.

I've been drooling over all the fabric selections of my counterparts - check them out on the SAL blog. I'm now reconsidering my sashing fabrics and my floss! Sounds like it is time to go shopping!

Hope I can get out in tomorrow's snow! 5-7 inches expected.

Waiting for the snow and the stitching ahead,
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. not long now...........the back stitch will improve......keep practising

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!