Monday, May 9, 2011

My Luck Might Be Changing!

<knock on wood>
I spent the weekend picking dandelions, but I must’ve found a four leaf clover somewhere! 
About two weeks ago I won a Family Tree kit on the Don’t Look Now website and today I was picked for the That Girl…. That Quilt PIF!  
What a cool concept that is!  One of the things that has fascinated me during the recent Recession (capital “R” for “rough”!) is the Pay-it-Forward (PIF) concept.  Total strangers picking up a coffee tab or dropping off extra vegetables from the garden to help, to bring joy. 
I’m a firm believer in karma. 
Jennifer of That Girl… That Quilt (love her work!) picked three followers for her PIF.  In the next 365 days she will send each of us a handmade item. In exchange, we each agree, within the next 365 days, to select three people to receive a PIF item from us! One person bringing joy to three people bringing joy to nine people, etc.  How awesome is that?
Have you witnessed or experienced a PIF? Do share!
No matter what transpires, I already feel blessed.  I’ve met some of you through Jennifer’s blog, and I'm very excited about making new friends. 
A quote I read this morning, “There are few joys that equal a good book, a good walk, a good hug, or a good friend.  All are free”  ~ anon.
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!