Sunday, July 24, 2011

Signature Quilts

Have you ever been lucky enough to wrap yourself in a signature quilt made especially for you? Several years ago, my very dear friend, Lisa, made me this quilt when I moved from Maine to Michigan. There are signatures from 3 local guilds and the state guild. It's my favorite - it helped me through my move, divorce, family trials, health issues. Wrapped in love!

This is my favorite block. It's made by my dear friend, Ann Reed, the Appliqué Queen! Love the ruched flowers!

I'm thinking of signature blocks today because I finished my block for Kaaren (see sidebar). I kept practicing my signature over and over again, but I'm never thrilled with it on the final block. Oh, well. I think Kaaren will still like it.

Have you made one for Kaaren yet? Even if you don't know her, she's a generous quilt blogger who could use being wrapped in love right now.

Happy Stitchin'
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is just gorgeous, hon - I've never had one made for me but have made some for others and I know how much they're appreciated! I LOVE your block and can't wait to see it in person - I forgot, Friday we're leaving before 4pm, we're meeting my aunt and going to the Beach Boys concert at Pine Knob. So any day but Tuesday and Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!