Monday, July 4, 2011

Patriotic Quilt Junky

Happy Independence Day!

I'm a big fan of the Red, White, and Blue!  Baseball, apple pie, my Mother, barbecuing, parades, stars, fireworks galore! Love love love it!  I think I have a special appreciation as a former Marine Corps wife (10 years) with a big brother in the Army.  I know and appreciate the sacrifices made and the families that support them.

So, in honor of this holiday, I thought I'd break into the archive and share some of the patriotic minis made in years past.  Won't you join me on my parade?

I'm averaging 1 quilt every 2 years!  In case you were curious, these are taped to the fence with 1.5" masking tape!  Who knew it would work so well?!?  Sorry they may appear "washed out" - too  much sun today, I think.

Table Runner: This year's project
Flags with Photos: Me and my Sister in Washington DC
Patriotic Mini: My first attempt at paper piecing

Upper Left: So simple yet one of my favorites
Lower Left: Background tan fabric is sprinkled with cool mini flags
Upper Right: My absolute favorite paper-pieced project (see detail below)
Lower Right: Can't see them but the navy is sprinkled with flags. 

The bird is about 7 inches tall - with lots and lots of pieces

Hope you enjoyed my parade of patriotic quilts.  Have a safe holiday surrounded by those you love!
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your parade - what delightful quilts!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day hon, and that you get the a/c fixed before tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!