Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wandering Around Windsor, Ontario

On the last day of my vacation, I'm backing up photos on my camera and decided to share some pics from my recent adventures.  Nipped on over to Canada on Thursday to enjoy the beautiful, sunny day!

Willistead Manor belonged to a former Golden Age Baron in Windsor.
Now the house and grounds belong to the City of Windsor

Another view of Willistead Manor

Willistead Manor - fountain detail

Detroit skyline from Windsor Riverside park

The name of the nearby geocache was "View of Belle Isle".
However, when I looked up, the freighter was blocking my view!

Goose Neck Park

Nearby Riverside Park features many topiaries

Detroiters know this as the Ren Cen.
Windsor-ites kept calling it the GM Building.

Did you know the aliens landed in Windsor?

Entrance to the Odette Sculpture Gardens

Nearby Ambassador Bridge

This one captured my attention

Greater view of sculpture Gardens

Actual planes at memorial in Jackson Park

Sun setting in Jackson Park


Queen Elizabeth Gardens


 I think this one should be my Detroit-Windsor postcard.  Don't ya think?

Happy Sunday!
Elisa

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pics - we never made it to that park, always too busy visiting family, lol. Love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Busy but enjoyable vacation :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, Elisa, I feel like you took that photo just for me! You know how much I love things on a stick!

    As always, I love my vicarious travels with you! Lauri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Quite a few items on sticks!

      I was told if I had visited those parks weeks earlier everything was in bloom. Will have to go back! If I get a chance, will send more pics of topiary garden :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!