Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mitered Corners and Glue

I had a spare 15 minutes tonight to quilt so I decided to work on my table runner.  LOVE it - it's a 6-sided table runner consisting of 9-patches made from Civil War fabrics.

Hmmm.... guess it's just me, but, when I bought the pattern, I didn't give much thought to the "6 sides" or how to add the borders.  It's a lousy pattern - especially the instructions for creating the mitered ends!  UGH!

But, I was feeling confident and it worked out!  What d'ya think?


I've never mitered before, and I couldn't figure out their instructions. The pinning thing didn't work, but the glue did!  Teresa from Fabric Therapy had posted some great applique tutorials using disappearing purple school glue sticks so I had some on hand.

Looking at the borders, shifting as I tried to pin... why not?  Glue worked wonderfully, held the borders in place, and were snipped away when I trimmed my seam allowance.

SO geeked!  Both ends look wonderful!  Had to share!

Cheers,
Elisa


2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic. You did a great job and it was your first time. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love those fabrics and you did great on your miters.
    There's a good book called 'Just Around the Corner' that has great information about that if you're interested. Maybe you could borrow it from the library or something.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!