Monday, January 16, 2012

Gadget Time - Melts Like Butter!


One of my hesitations in taking up applique was the cost of multiple spools of thread.  All these applique pieces, ranging dozens of colors and shades, and the advice is "match the thread to the applique?"  Who can afford that?

DMC 50-wt. Machine Embroidery Thread

My dear friend, Lauri, told me about this fabulous DMC 50-wt Machine Embroidery thread for hand applique!  Hmm... it works!  I bought a few neutral colors, and, so far, all of them blend fabulously in my appliques.  In fact, the thread seems to melt into the fabric.

And this, my friends, is why I listen to my friends!
Off to applique my cupcakes!
Happy Stitching!
Elisa
 


1 comment:

  1. You are right about the cost of thread. I guess I hadn't bought any for a while; or maybe when I bought it along with other things I just never paid attention - but the last time I bought a spool I was shocked!
    I'm glad this is working for you. It's nice to know if I do decide to do some appliqué... not on my list for the moment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!