Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dancing - Not Singing!

I don't delude myself - I can't sing.  But, I do live by the motto:

Dance like there's no tomorrow!

Again, I don't delude myself. I can't truly dance.  But I don't care.  Not even when my neighber sees me through the front window shaking my thang while vacuuming do I care!

This is my second applique block ever!  It's from my Some Kind of Wonderful group.  The quilt is My Favorite Things by Anni Simms.  I've changed it from "Singing in the Rain" to "Dancing in the Rain".  I love a good puddle.
Like the blue jeans, I needleturned the main part, but that handle was a bear.  I really like spray-starch applique for those tricky curves.  Now, I'm just 3 blocks behind for December!

Happy Stitching!
Elisa

2 comments:

  1. I love your block. Your applique looks great too! This is a wallhanging I'd like to have. I need to remember this saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I remember dancing through mud puddles with my boys when they were small....everybody thought I was nuts, I had other mothers GLARING at me. Fun block!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!