Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy National Quilter's Day!

Spent a fabulous day celebrating at my local quilt shop.  Bits 'n Pieces is a delightful shop in Wayne, Michigan.  Big sunny windows, sample quilts everywhere!  Bright and happy staff.  They're well worth the 1/2-hour drive from my home in Ferndale.  Today they had mutliple classes - so much excitement and so much laughter! 
This shop also has its own line of extraordinary quilt patterns.  My goal is to one day make their Southern Star quilt in Civil War fabrics.  I didn't catch her name but a quilter at the Ann Arbor Quilt Show displayed this version of it last year:


I bought Nancy Halverson's Count On It book along with some fabrics to make the April Bunny X-ing quilt!

Hope you celebrated today in your own way!
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!