Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Friends Around the Corner - FAIL! (TSS 008)

Thought you might laugh along with me. 

I saw Block #8 come out and immediately thought "fabric folding" for the center. 



Now it's been a dozen years since I've done this technique so I pulled out my book, Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat. Hmmm... Screwed up the first one. And the second attempt. Trying for the third I had a better idea how it goes together. Well, not perfect - the center didn't quite meet - but I could cover it in beads. 




Well, I went to trim it to add the corner triangles and realized I screwed up again! I forgot the seam allowance and the flower is too small!

Oh well. I could add borders or something, but, as it was a little wonky, I think I'll make a fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!