Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vitamin D and Sanity

Have you wondered where I've been?  It's been a crazy, busy week in Fabulous, Fashionable Ferndale.  I'm still working mad hours with the closing of our local bookstore, and, when I'm not working 2 jobs, out doing a little waymarking with the family.

Waymarking?  Weird, eh?  I hadn't heard of it until a few months ago, but I'm addicted because it combines so many of my interests in one place.

Per Wikipedia:

Waymarking is an activity in which people can locate and log interesting locations around the world, usually with a GPS receiver and a digital camera. Waymarking differs from geocaching in that there is no physical container to locate at the given coordinates. Waymarking identifies points of interest for GPS users. There are many categories of waymarks, from pay phones through various restaurant chains, covered bridges, churches, places where one can take a factory tour and places of geologic significance, to name only a few.
Check out waymarks in your area at http://www.waymarking.com/ - no cost to you! See my stats on my sidebar.  I tend to gravitate to weird statues, haunted restaraunts, and odd objects in odd places.

So, to take my mind off of every day adult responsibilities and soak-up some Vitamin D, I escape with my camera and GPS unit.  Have I mentioned I LOVE road trips?  Have I mentioned I LOVE road trips with any type of historical significance?  Have I mentioned I LOVE road trips with any type of historical significance especially with my family?












And this was just one trip to the Detroit Zoo!  Never fear, though.  I will get back to quilting again soon.  Just soaking up some Vitamin D... and Z (for zoos!)

Happy summer!
Elisa

Thank you, Rockin' Robyn and Wikid Kriket for sharing your pics with me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow great pics - you guys just have way too much fun! I LOVE the zoo - we used to go every week. I haven't been there in years though, I think it's time for another trip!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!