Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Apple Walnut Salad

I know what you're thinking... how is this quilt related?  Ok, I can answer that!  I needed a quick, beautiful, light, healthy, tasty salad to take to a BBQ/potluck.  Quick is the key since I was in the middle of a quilt and needed to get back to my machine.  See?  Quilt-related!

Salad is much tastier than may appear in this poorly-photographed picture!

µµµµ

Healthy alternative to heavy fruit salads~
Very easy to make and looks very festive!

Source: unknown Maine Quilter
Makes 6 cups

3 large   Apples (red or green, your preference but pretty if you add both)
               Celery, chopped
1C          Ocean Spray Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1C          Chopped walnuts
1-8 oz.   Plain (not French- ) vanilla yogurt
               Cinnamon


Using an apple slicer, core & slice apples into wedges (leaving the skins intact).  Dice wedges into bite-sized pieces.  Treat diced apples with lemon juice to prevent oxidation/discoloration.

Add chopped celery, cranberries, and walnuts.  Blend in yogurt and add cinnamon to taste. Transfer to a clear, glass bowl.

Chill until serving.  This salad will last a few days in the refrigerator, and this recipe divides easily for smaller servings. 

Makes 6 cups = 1 large glass mixing bowl.

Yummy!
Elisa

   

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, that looks and sounds wonderful. I love anything with yogurt in it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I'm definitely going to try this one! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!