Monday, August 26, 2013

31 Days of Geocaching: Day 26

So, I find myself pulling off in the oddest spots to grab a geocache.  In Ohio, there was no parking at the end of the Wabash Cannonball Trail.  In Auburn Hills, there was a set of nature trails behind their civic center.  I also stopped in West Bloomfield, where I walked around a public lot (at the end of an exclusive residential street).

I ALWAYS make sure parking is allowed - I never trespass or park in No Parking zones, etc.  But still... neighbors are vigilant and wonder why a strange car is parked in their neighborhood. And I'd hate to get towed.  So, I made and laminated this sign for my dashboard:


In a stroke of (I think) genius, it's reversible. The flip side, in bold red letters, reads I'M IN TROUBLE - CALL 911.  I hope to never need that.

I've really learned some safety skills in this sport.

Take care and happy caching!
Elisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!