Sunday, August 11, 2013

31 Days of Geocaching: Day 11

This is the geocaching puzzle that faced me at 7:30 this morning.
It is a Difficulty 4 (out of 5 as the hardest) Terrain 3 (no stroll through the park).
And, as of the time I had awoke.... Nobody had solved it. That means I had a chance at a "First to Find".
Cachers love numbers. We love our statistics, our math problems, our grids. One of the badges of honors we wear is our FTF number - how many times was I smarter, faster, luckier than the other cachers around me.
Today, at 9:40 am, after doing some pencil work, getting a green light on the checker, and sliding down a SUPER steep & muddy riverbank, I was Top Dog! WOOT!
The thrill of the puzzle, the chase, the victory. Another reason I love Geocaching. This FTF was my 120th with an 18 consecutive month streak! See? We love our numbers!
It wasn't until I returned home that I realized today's souvenir is a detective's magnifying glass!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. I think that crazed should be attached to cacher.

    You are all crazed cachers! But congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!