Monday, July 1, 2013

Tool Tip: Masking Tape

I made a set of drawstring bags for myself and my sister for our upcoming GeoBash (theme is Mardi Gras, I'm heeled at how nice they came out. I found this nice pattern for a lined bag at In Color Order. The only made a slight change - I wanted the dot fabric to peak over the top but didn't want to line the whole inside with such a dark fabric so made the interior half dot/half light.

Do you use masking tape? I use a lot of masking tape for guiding machine quilting and top stitching. I don't like the mess marking pencils make (especially on very dark or very light fabrics). You can see here where I used 1" masking tape to use as a guide when stitching my sister's drawstring casing.

To keep the tape from being too sticky, I'll run the tape over my clothes first so the adhesive gets a little fuzzy. Easy on and easy off!

I'll try to get a picture of my sister's bag to share soon.

Hugs to you all,

E.

P.s. Lauri, still plugging away on my butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!