Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gadget Time - Bag It!

Ok, it's not really a gadget, but it's something I'm finding SUPER useful lately!

No affiliation - not a paid sponsor - but would love as many free ones as they can spare!

Lately I've been making a lot of memory quilts. I was told by my last friend that when she gave a quilt made of her Mother's clothes to her Dad for his birthday, he was shocked and then buried his face crying in the quilt. He loved it - reminded him of taking care of her those last years.

I'm in the process of another one. Each time I receive the bags of clothes, they flop over and rip. They are so hard to manage! The last delivery was so heavy that it winded the strong man that transferred them to my car. First thing I do when I get them home is to transfer them to these bags:

Super sturdy. Double zipper. Strong handles. Flat bottoms. Place where you can write the owner's name and instructions. The XL ones are great for delivering the finished quilt! I didn't take a "before" photo but the "after" looks like this:

I find them cheapest at Target with the other Ziploc bags. My sister mentioned using them to pack her husband's clothes next time he camped. They're also a great way to hold batting scraps, store pieces of quilt projects, transport bedding and toys on vacations and picnics.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend. I'm finishing up another strip on my journal quilt.

Happy stitching!

Elisa

 

1 comment:

  1. these are great I have not seen them in Oz.........I would be buying some though......

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!