Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Different Perspective

Spent the day at the Detroit Zoological Gardens - I only live a half mile or so from there.



Amazing place I have to share!  The animals are amazing (more later) but have you stopped a moment to appreciate the art?  

Does he look familiar?

Peacock Blue!

Blue Peacock!


Creamy blocks!

Vibrant Greens!

Add some bronze!


And browns and blues....

A dab of Easter yellow too!

Here's my pinks!

And Moda white!

A touch of blackish-brown for accent!

Applique some vines....

And embroider some accents!

Colors! Patterns! Textures!

With inspiration like this... who could blame for for coming right home and quilting!

Happy Easter!
Elisa





2 comments:

  1. Though Ginger & Oscar are representative of my most favourite animal ever, I do love them all & love to see a well run zoo, filled with happy, thriving animals. This one looks great. Thanks for the pics & can't wait to see some animal ones. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only better time to be at the zoo than spring, is fall. Glad to see you had a good time, and I would rather have been with you than where I was!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!