Unlike my peers, I really like this block and was looking forward to making my 6" block. But something bothered me.... something kept eating at me... and then I figured it out. Look at the pattern above and a real measuring tape below. The bottom half is upside down!
But I fixed it! So much better right?
Here's the technique used to transfer the embroidery: my lightbox and my handy, dandy masking tape!
I should write a book about all the fabulous stuff I've done with masking tape in quilting.
Unfortunately, I made a rookie error. Both my cream and my green were more of a polished fabric so, as I embroidered, the stitches sat atop the fabric versus nestling in.
To keep my motivation level high, I've added some new fabrics to my sampler stash! Wowwee!
That's a lot of pieces!
I've decided to keep a counter at the bottom of these posts to track them.
The totals are based on the original patterns and not on deviations.
Measure Twice, Cut Once = 13
Total to Date: 400 pieces*
*The count only includes the blocks I've completed to date