Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Have Talented Friends!

What a great surprise!?! I came home today to discover a medium size envelope in my mailbox. The return address clued me in that it was from my good friend, Lauri! (I hope she doesn't kill me for sharing this, but I'm SO geeked!) As my Sister would say, it's always easier to ask forgiveness later!

Lauri started off with, "Isn't it fun to get real mail, that isn't a bill, an advertisement, or reminder of a doctor appointment?" Really and truly - it is! It's been such a long time since I received personal, unsolicited mail.

As well as her friendly letter were the following enclosures:

According to Lauri, these are two handset, foot-treadled samples she made on one of her fabulous machines. Lauri does typesetting on these presses - a love she inherited from her father.

Her letter and cards really brought me out of my funk. She is so talented - I had to share!

Lauri, love them! Thank you!

Elisa

2 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful - what a GREAT surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri is talented, and the sentiments are too true! It's good to have good friends.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!