Friday, January 28, 2011

Mark It Up!

Ok, so I'm getting ready to work on Miss Shabby's Birdie Stitches and lo and behold!  Have you ever noticed how similar "white fabrics" look?  Yep, you guessed it.. they were all in the same box.  And manufacturers normally don't label their solids in the selvages.

So, big deal, eh?  Well... Moda white and Kona cotton are not the same fabric.  Different shades of white, different weaves.  Different textures.  And here I have a pile of white scraps!  What to do?

Luckily, this isn't the first time I've made this blunder :)  After washing solid colors, I always label the manufacturer, style, and (when I know it) project right on the raw edge.  Notice it's the edge I'll slice off when I'm ready to cut?


Ok, I'll stop patting myself on the back now. Nobody likes a smug quilter!

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!