Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Salvage Saver (TSS 033)

Another installment of The Splendid Sampler, here's another finished block for my collection. The original block used salvage edges, but quite a few friends were concerned that it would shrink disproportionately to the rest of the quilt upon washing. I had a different concern - I was concerned the rest would shrink and this would hold it's original shape/size. So, instead of using salvages, I tried my hand at this string-pieced variation. Love adding a splash of color to the top.


That's a lot of pieces!

I've decided to keep a counter at the bottom of these posts to track them. 
The totals are based on the original patterns and not on deviations.

Salvage Saver = 8

Total to Date: 482 pieces*

*The count only includes the blocks I've completed to date

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!