Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Another Day in Paradise

Good morning and Happy September!  Can you believe the month is halfway over?  I’m still a little shocked!



I realized it’s been awhile since I posted so I thought I’d drop a quick post.  I realized, with the 31 Days of Geocaching last month, that this blog has been taken over by caching.  Now, however, as the temperature is dipping, I’m feeling the urge to quilt again!

I have a new project.  A friend lost his mother this summer and wants a memorial quilt.  I love doing these because it’s so amazing to sense the individuality of the departed one and the love exuded by those that were left behind.  Sometimes these are really, really hard.  I remember breaking down once when I was cutting up the clothese of a former quilter – she still had a needle stuck to her shirt pocket (just like I normally do). 

This one should be a real treat, though.  When I walked into her room, I was struck with inspiration immediately!  This lady loved her cotton Oxford shirts.  SO MANY COLORS!  Mixed in with her clean, crisp white Oxford shirts, I’m seeing Churn Dash.  Maybe a nice elongated churn dash.  No border.  I can’t wait!  That’s my goal this weekend.  I will be cutting up Oxford shirts and prepping them for some chain piecing this Fall. 

I will also continue to work on my Sister’s butterflies.  Now that life has slowed down a little, I’m determined to continue at least my 15-minutes a day on them.  I’m not sure if it’ll be ready in time for Christmas, but it will be a nice project to work through the holidays.

OK, time to go.  Hope to hear from some of you.

Elisa

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!