Saturday, June 10, 2017

Cameo Quilters Guild Quilt Show


While in Bad Axe over Memorial Weekend, the quilt shop owner reminded us the Cameo Quilter's show was this upcoming weekend, so we decided to check it out!

Steve, Lorna and Elisa
Lorna's Favorite Quilt
It's a lovely but small show in Madison Heights which featured quite a few mystery quilts, quilt challenges and lots of scrappy quilts. I could've happily taken either one of these home.


This one is Steve's favorite - an embroidered Route 66 quilt by Kathy Debein.



Speaking of amazing embroidery.... Sherry Palmer




My favorite, by far, was Terry Thompson's completed Splendid Sampler! WOW! I'm only a third of the way done, but this made me pull out the patterns. Hers includes the original 100 plus the bonus blocks. She did an amazing job - I checked some of hardest, and they were to perfection!

Terry Thompson's The Splendid Sampler
Of course, one of the boons is the Vendor area. We saw this beauty at the Fabric Affair (Troy) booth and picked up the last two kits (that's way you have to arrive early!). 

Iron Carry Tote plus Ironing Mat Combo
I believe Lorna may be motivated to work on this project after she went back and bought a new Bernina Embroidery machine from them! Great show!

2 comments:

  1. I missed this show and now after seeing your pictures I am really sorry I did. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the show. The Splendid Sampler is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!