Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Birthday Adventure!

A week ago today was my 44th birthday.  And, as tradition would have it, my sister and I spent the day exploring parts of Michigan, laughing and snapping pictures.

I thought I'd share the wonderful adventure she executed.  It was fabulous!  I had the hardest time narrowing down the pictures to share with you.


Hamtramck Disneyland

Hamtramck Disneyland

Heidelberg Project - is this the house that burned down days later?

Heidelberg Project - the Birthday House.  Fitting, isn't it?

I love the Dog House
Then we headed North.  Lunch at Max & Erma's near Oakland University and then onto the house tour at Meadowbrook.

Then off to Meadowbrook for the house tour!

Meadowbrook - fabulous house and fascinating history

VERY bright (and cold) day - hard to take good pictures

Built 1927

Lorna crossing the bridge to Meadowbrook

Pegasus in the Meadowbrook Garden

After Meadowbrook, we cruised North down very snowy roads. It's "horse country" past Oxford, into Metamora, and on to LaPeer.  In addition, as we rounded the corner we came across a group of wild turkeys!

Dancing in LaPeer

LaPeer - one of 10 oldest continually run courthouses

This is a Virtual cache in LaPeer
Our final stop was Frankenmuth. Lovely at night, streets lined with snow.  Being so cold and a little late, there were only four other parties in the main dining room at Zehnder's.  We need to bring the family back in the Spring.

My fabulous sister, Lorna

Not the best picture but we were tired, hungry, and very happy.

Little Sister is always stealing from my plate!

It was a glorious day.  We decided, in addition to our birthdays (in cold November and March) that this year we'd take an adventure on our Un-birthdays (July 12th) and enjoy an adventure in the warmth!  Grand Rapids this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!