Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rufus Came To Detroit

A few weeks ago, I received an email from a cacher in Germany who wanted to send a "trackable" for me to release.  According to Groundspeak:
Simply put, a Travel Bug is a trackable tag that you attach to an item. This allows you to track your item on Geocaching.com. The item becomes a hitchhiker that is carried from cache to cache (or person to person) in the real world and you can follow its progress online.
About a week later, Rufus arrived!



Wanting to show my little German friend the beauties of the area, my sister and I took him on a grand tour of Detroit (yes, this is how I celebrated my birthday!)

Our first stop was the Belle Isle Aquarium:





Windsor skyline - Ambassador Bridge - Detroit skyline


Detroit Train Station


Municipal Building

Spirit of Detroit


Joe Louis Fist


The RenCen and the statue of Cadillac


The Detroit Skyline


Underground Railroad Statue (Windsor in the background)


Ambassador Bridge and the Boblo Boat


The Ren Cen - Belle Isle - Detroit River



Windsor, Ontario Canada


Lorna photobombed my pic. Run, Rufus, run!


Eastern Market


The OTHER "Big 3" in Detroit: Red Wings (Hockeytown Cafe), Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park), and Detroit Lions (Ford field).


Fox Theater


We also enjoyed lunch at the Green Dot Stables (amazing!), saw the Potted Potter (at City Theater) and then dinner at Roman Village Cafe (in Dearborn).  My sister spoiled me and was an amazing part of this great adventure.

And Rufus?  Took him to the Detroit Zoo the next day.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. what fun. I love it. Been to it all as I live in the area. Lucky Rufus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a Bob-Lo boat. It's the Detroit Princess. The Bob-Lo boats are the Columbia and the Ste. Claire, both in storage.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!